Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Twilight – by Stephnie Meyer

“I’d  never given much thought to how I would die…”, began the video of “Twilight”. I watched in curiosity.

What started as a dream for Stephnie Meyer and took the young adult readers, specially females, by storm also has me mesmerized ever since I laid my hands on the book with the same title.

More inclined towards “Agatha Christie” creations rather than quixotic stuff, I never thought I would be so taken by any romantic novel, but this is different. Twilight and rest of the four books from this series, have had me captivated. Here are some strong characters – each having their own significance in the tale, each with a story of their own. Stephnie Meyer’s language, treatment of the plot is amazing. Her dialogs make the emotions reach out to readers. Readers can relate to the predicament of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, can sympathize with Jacob Black, tend to respect Carlisle’s abstinence and love Alice’s charm. Not surprisingly I am hooked.

Stephenie tells the whole story mostly from Bella’s perspective. Her emotions, her opinions, her life. However, she also created a draft of Twilight that was the way story unfolded from Edward’s eyes (in my view, more potent than Bella’s books :) ). Unfortunately it circulated on the internet without her consent. Finally she did share it on her website. You can more about the draft and the draft itself from Stephenie Meyer’s official website here.

The movie does not disappoint either. From Kristine Stewart and Rob Pattison as Bella and Edward, to the Cullen family, Chief Swan, Black family – each character plays to perfection. A remember-to-blink-if-you-can entertainment!


Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!! Please feel free to share what you think of this post. I'll make every attempt to respond to your requests, if any.

Thanks for dropping by.